You may have contacted Carisbrooke to find out about dental implant treatment, or your general dentist may have referred you for specialist treatment that includes the placing of dental implants.
Why is Carisbrooke the right choice for you?
The dental implant team at Carisbrooke have invested in leading edge technologies to ensure treatment and care is of the highest calibre. We have an CT scanner at the practice that enables us to study 3D images of your teeth and jaw, ensuring implants are planned with meticulous precision and guided surgery ensure precise placement.
The team is made up of highly qualified and experienced generalists and specialists who have worked at Carisbrooke for many years. They receive referrals for complex and challenging cases and are recognised in the dental industry as experts. Carisbrooke is the practice in Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Rutland and beyond for resolving issues with dental implants which have been poorly fitted and restored.
Each case is managed on an individual basis considering the variety of factors that may be contributing towards your condition, and which may have an impact upon your treatment plan options.
During your first consultation our team will:
- Gauge your general health and wellbeing
- Find out about your lifestyle
- Assess your symptoms
- Complete a full mouth assessment and take x-rays if appropriate
- Fully discuss the findings of your assessment and possible treatment options
- Complex situations may require more than one visit before a comprehensive, definitive treatment plan and costs can be finalised
- Answer your questions and respond to your concerns.
When your treatment is completed, we continue care for you, reviewing and maintaining your implants. The implant team will always provide support in the years following your treatment.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants may be an option for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason.
Carisbrooke are leading providers of permanent fixed dentures which are also sometimes known as all on fours. All on fours is simply a description of how the denture is permanently fixed onto four dental implants restoring confidence and function for our patients. To find out more make a complimentary appointment with one of our friendly treatment care co-ordinators
The different levels of dental implant treatment:
- Single tooth dental implant where one missing tooth is replaced with an implant and then restored with a crown.
- Multiple implants which are individually placed and then restored with crowns.
- Multiple implants which may be used as supports to fit permanently fixed bridges – these are also sometimes referred to as “all on four” dental implants although sometimes more than four implants are used in each jaw
- To stabilise and retain loose dentures.
Who can benefit from dental implant treatment?
Carisbrooke provides dental implant treatment for a wide range of issues:
- Loss of a single tooth because of an accident
- Single or multiple loss of tooth, or teeth, due to dental decay or gum disease
- Replacement of previous dental implant treatment which is failing or causing problems
- Complex cases referred by other dentists.
How much does dental implant treatment cost?
Costs vary significantly in relation to individual requirements. It is important that we understand your dental history, lifestyle, and expectations before we can plan a treatment to meet your needs.
We provide excellence through predictable and ethical treatment and will tailor an implant plan specific to each unique individual. All costs will be discussed in advance of your treatment.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth, and they become a permanent fixture.
- Improved speech. Dental implants allow you to speak clearly and laugh with complete confidence.
- Improved comfort and eating. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat and enjoy the textures and flavours of your favourite foods.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your confidence and smile.
- Conservative treatment. The placement of dental implants is often described as conservative dental treatment because adjacent healthy tooth tissue is not affected by implant treatment. By comparison, conventional bridgework requires the alteration and reduction of adjacent tooth tissue to accommodate the bridge fixture
- Convenience. Dental implants are permanently fixed whereas removable dentures must be taken out of the mouth for cleaning and maintenance.