You may have contacted Carisbrooke to find out about dental implant treatment, or your general dentist may have referred you for specialist treatment that includes the placing of dental implants.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants may be an option for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason.
Carisbrooke are leading providers of permanent fixed dentures which are also sometimes known as all on fours. All on fours is simply a description of how the denture is permanently fixed onto four dental implants restoring confidence and function for our patients. To find out more make a complimentary appointment with one of our friendly treatment care co-ordinators
The different levels of dental implant treatment:
- Single tooth dental implant where one missing tooth is replaced with an implant and then restored with a crown.
- Multiple implants which are individually placed and then restored with crowns.
- Multiple implants which may be used as supports to fit permanently fixed bridges – these are also sometimes referred to as “all on four” dental implants although sometimes more than four implants are used in each jaw
- To stabilise and retain loose dentures.
Who can benefit from dental implant treatment?
Carisbrooke provides dental implant treatment for a wide range of issues:
- Loss of a single tooth because of an accident
- Single or multiple loss of tooth, or teeth, due to dental decay or gum disease
- Replacement of previous dental implant treatment which is failing or causing problems
- Complex cases referred by other dentists.
How much does dental implant treatment cost?
Costs vary significantly in relation to individual requirements. It is important that we understand your dental history, lifestyle and expectations before we can plan a treatment to meet your needs.
We provide excellence through predictable and ethical treatment and will tailor an implant plan specific to each unique individual. All costs will be discussed in advance of your treatment.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth and they become a permanent fixture.
- Improved speech. Dental implants allow you to speak clearly and laugh with complete confidence.
- Improved comfort and eating. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat and enjoy the textures and flavours of your favourite foods.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your confidence and smile.
- Conservative treatment. The placement of dental implants is often described as conservative dental treatment because adjacent healthy tooth tissue is not affected by implant treatment. By comparison, conventional bridgework requires the alteration and reduction of adjacent tooth tissue to accommodate the bridge fixture
- Long lasting. Well maintained implants can last a lifetime unlike dentures which may need re-lining on a regular basis and bridgework which may require replacement occasionally.
- Convenience. Dental implants are permanently fixed whereas removable dentures have to be taken out of the mouth for cleaning and maintenance.
- Success rates. With proper care implants have a success rate of up to 98%.
Why is Carisbrooke the right choice for you?
The dental implant team at Carisbrooke have invested in cutting edge technologies to ensure treatment and care is of the highest calibre. We have an CT scanner at the practice that enables us to study 3D images of your teeth and jaw, ensuring implants are placed with meticulous precision.
The team is made up of highly qualified and experienced specialists who have worked at Carisbrooke for many years. They receive referrals for complex and challenging cases and are recognised in the dental industry as experts. Carisbrooke is the practice in Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Rutland and beyond for resolving issues with dental implants which have been poorly fitted and restored.
Each case is managed on an individual basis taking into account the variety of factors that may be contributing towards your condition and which may have an impact upon your treatment plan options. During your first consultation our team will:
During your first consultation our team will:
- Gauge your general health and wellbeing
- Find out about your lifestyle
- Assess your symptoms
- Complete a full mouth assessment and take x-rays if appropriate
- Fully discuss the findings of your assessment and possible treatment options
- Complex situations may require more than one visit before a comprehensive, definitive treatment plan and costs can be finalised
- Answer your questions and respond to your concerns.
When your treatment is completed we continue care for you, reviewing and maintaining your implants. The implant team will always provide support in the years following your treatment.
Dental Implants – Smiles Guaranteed
What’s better than Dental Implants? Dental Implants that are guaranteed!
Carisbrooke Dental Practice has been at the forefront of Implant Dentistry for over 25 years, helping to pioneer many of the techniques now used across the industry. Our team have always performed exemplary implant dentistry, with thousands of happy patients, however we are always seeking new ways to improve our service.
We are therefore extremely pleased to announce that all our dental implants now come with a 5 year discretionary guarantee. This guarantee shows total confidence in all aspects of our work, and we hope that it assures patients contemplating dental implant surgery.
Dr Neil Millington and Dr Mike Hodgson who have been fitting dental implants for a combined total of almost 50 years had this to say about our new discretionary guarantee.
“Carisbrooke Dental Practice has long been a centre of excellence for Dental Implants. We have invested heavily in research, development and technology to ensure that our implants last. From the early days of 3D CAT scans, through to today where our NaviDent system provides absolute precision at the tip of the implant placement, our patients‘ care, wellbeing and happiness have always been our number one priority. Our new 5 Year Guarantee shows our absolute confidence in our surgical techniques, and ultimately, ensures that patients are relaxed and happy when undertaking such an amazing life-enhancing procedure.”
As you would expect with such precise biological engineering, the success of dental implants depend on the care taken after the implants have been fitted and restored. Careful cleaning, checkups and sensible precautions all help to ensure the long term success of our dental implants. However should a implant fail despite the correct maintenance and care we will be more than happy to correct this.
There are certain exclusions to our warranty, such as “fair wear and tear” which you can read more about in our terms and conditions (follow the link here to read the full T&Cs). However, to summarise, if a patient has taken care of the implants with regular and proper clearing, received regular professional dental care, and not undertaken risky activities that could adversely affect the success of the implant, our guarantee is valid for 5 years from the date of restoration.
If you are thinking about dental implants and the life enhancing benefits they bring, then please get in touch, we can’t wait to help you achieve a “guaranteed smile”!