Dr Jimmy Makdissi – Radiography and Radiology Protection – 24th April 2020 referral services
Carisbrooke Dental Practice is pleased to present Dr Jimmy Makdissi, who will be lecturing about Radiography and Radiology Protection at College Court (Leicester) on Friday 24th April 2020.
The fee for the day will be £60.
Aims & Objectives:
- This course will cover all aspects of Radiography and Radiation Protection as mentioned in the Guidance Notes for General Dental Practitioners.
- The participants at the end of course will fulfil the requirements of the IR(ME)R 2017 and the GDC recommended topic of Radiography and Radiation Protection.
- This CPD course meets the criteria for the GDC’s development outcome C of the new eCPD.
- Radiation Physics
- Risks of ionising radiation
- Radiation dose in dental radiography
- Factors affecting the dose in dental radiography
- The principles of Radiation Protection
- Statutory requirements
- Quality Assurance
- Selection Criteria
The course will also cover the aspects of new imaging modalities including CBCT.
Plan for the day
- 9:00am for registration & refreshments
- 9:30am start
- 1:00pm (approximately) lunch in College Court Restaurant
- 4:30pm finish (approximately)
About the speaker
Dr Makdissi joined the Institute of Dentistry, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, in 2004 as a Clinical Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology. He directs the Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology programme of the undergraduate BDS curriculum.
He completed his specialist training at Guy’s Hospital and obtained the Diploma of Dental Radiology from the Royal College of Radiologists.
He has served on the Education Committee of the International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology.
He has also served as the Dental Tutor for the London Deanery at Barts Health, the Faculty Tutor at the Royal College of Surgeons and as the President of the Metropolitan Branch of the British Dental Association.
In addition, he is the founder of the Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) Interpretation Masterclass providing UK-based CBCT hands-on training along with a collection of e-learning modules.
Jimmy is currently doing his PhD on the use of MRI in Dentistry.
Where is this happening?
The day will take place at the College Court Conference Hotel, Knighton Road, Leicester, LE2 3UF.
Accommodation is available and to be booked directly with College Court – www.collegecourt.co.uk
The cost for this fantastic event is £60 per delegate and includes lunch and refreshments. The day even counts as 6 hours of CPD!
How to book for this amazing day
Please pay £60 to secure your place no later than 21st April 2020
Non – refundable if place is cancelled after 21st April 2020
Please make cheques payable to Carisbrooke Dental Leicester LTD.
Bacs payments to account number: 43755933 sort code: 56-00-55 – using JM as a code followed by your GDC number for us to identify your payment.
Places are limited so apply early.